Sessional Lecturer- Musical Theatre - East Berkshire College
JOB TITLE: Sessional Lecturer- Musical Theatre
HOURLY RATE: Sessional - Standard Rate (GBP23.69 Per Hour)
HOURS: 13.5 pw
REPORTS TO: Head of Department - Creative & Performing Arts
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Delivery of high quality teaching and effective learning.
JOB PURPOSE: To ensure high quality student learning through the most effective, efficient and economic use of the college's resources
N.B. This job description is current at the date of issue. It will be reviewed annually and may be updated by the Principal.
The main duties and responsibilities of the post include the following:-
1. Effective delivery of a teaching programme within the areas of competence of the postholder paying due regard to student progression towards successful completion.
2. Regular assessment of student progress and preparation of appropriate progress reports.
3. Provide accurate and timely data and information including registers, withdrawals and transfers, assessment and examination results, progress reports.
4. Maintain student morale and discipline inside and outside 'the classroom' within the college site and in conjunction with college management.
5. Keep abreast of curriculum development, syllabus and assessment requirements relevant to the areas of teaching and competence of the postholder.
6. Work effectively within the team/s responsible for devising, reviewing and maintaining effective teaching and learning strategies.
7. Support through the organisation of and/or delivery of extramural activities necessary to the student's career and personal development.
8. Support and encourage the Course Team's outreach and liaison work within the community and relevant organisations outside the college.
9. Assessment of professional and personal development needs through playing a full part in the College's appraisal and performance management process.
10. Keep up to date in relevant areas of professional expertise through reading; attendance at meetings; visiting industry/commerce; membership of networks as appropriate.
11. Develop and maintain links with industry/commerce within the overall framework of such links throughout the college.
12. Attendance at relevant parents/open evenings.
13. Develop existing and/or new courses together with other members of the team/s.
14. Undertake course co-ordination responsibilities when required.
15. Direct college productions to a professional standard at a professional venue.
16. Any other duties commensurate with the grading of this post as may be required from time to time.???
The post may be based at one of the current College campuses, but the duties of the job may require the post holder to work at any College campus or other location connected with the work of the College. Travel between the college's main campuses will form a requisite part of this post. It is the College's policy to establish and maintain a Risk Register and a Risk Management Policy. It is a condition of your employment that you become aware of these documents and that you follow the objectives and procedures of good risk management in your areas of work.
- The post holder is required to have a commitment to:
- The continuing development and implementation of the College's Diversity & Equality Policy.
- The management of risk within the College
- The health and safety of staff, students and visitors in general and the College's policies and procedures in particular.
- The principles and procedures set out in the College's Safeguarding and Promoting Welfare for Children & Vulnerable Adults Policy.
- The principles and procedures set out in the College's Data Protection Policy