Group HR Director
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Leading the HR function across the Defra group through a fundamental transformation of the way it operates, integrating previously disparate, stand-alone teams into a single, high performing function providing high quality support to the business.
• Supporting the wider transformation of how the Defra group operates, providing expert organisational design and development support;
• Operating as the HR Business Partner for the Permanent Secretary, developing a relationship of confidence and trust based on expert advice and support on a range of operational and strategic HR issues;
• Playing an active part in the future direction and leadership of the Defra group through membership of the Executive Committee and Corporate Services Leadership Team;
• Ensuring the Defra group has an engaged, skilled and motivated workforce and the organisational capability to deliver the Defra group’s strategic objectives as set out in the Departmental Plan;
• Building leadership capability throughout the Defra group, fostering the development of potential and talent within the organisation and implementing effective talent management and succession planning systems;
• As Defra’s Head of Profession, playing a full and active role in the continual development of the Civil Service HR function.
• Working closely with Shared Services Connect Limited (SSCL), the Defra’s group’s shared service provide, to ensure continuous improvement in HR transactional services;
• Ensuring effective working relationships are developed with all relevant stakeholders;