We are working with our client to find an experienced Accounts Assistant for their busy team based in Welwyn Garden City.
The company is well established and offer a professional working environment. There is a real opportunity for your development withing the role and the business, as the company is successful and always growing. For the first year you will have 20 days annual leave, rising to 25 in year two.
The role is very varied, involving purchase and sales ledger, credit control, reporting and schedules. You will need to have a rounded experience in accounts and a strong working knowledge of Excel.
The ideal candidate will be
- Methodical and accurate
- Business aware
- Positive and proactive
- A team player
- Approachable and friendly
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for managing the Purchase & Sales ledgers
- Managing and maintaining Credit Control
- Administer and manage customer accounts for New Business and Resigns
- Responsibility for controlling Kit Account liabilities
- Preparation of 24ths figures for month end (accruals and prepayments)
- Management of Finance Inbox
- Weekly preparation of BACS Payment runs
- Stock take reporting
- Provide cover for sickness, holidays and exceptionally busy periods in the Purchasing department
- Any other ad hoc duties
- General filing etc.
Despite our best efforts it is not always possible to respond to every application individually due to the high volume of responses we receive on each vacancy
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted for this particular role and if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that you have not be successful. However, we will keep your details on our database, and will contact you when other suitable positions come in.