Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Computer Science (Multiple Posts)
As part of an ambitious growth plan for the Faculty of Engineering, the University of Bristol is seeking to appoint five Lecturers/Senior Lecturers to the Department of Computer Science. Candidates are sought with expertise and research interests in areas that complement and extend those already pursued by the department. The successful candidates will be expected to take major roles in strengthening and growing research and teaching in computer science at Bristol.
These posts are open to applicants from all areas of computer science.
Applicants with track records in the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Digital Health
- Health Informatics
- Cloud Computing, Information Analytics
- Data Science, Information Engineering
- Algorithms and Complexity
- Next Generation High Performance Computing
Ideal candidates will have an outstanding research track record, and will be undertaking innovative work that complements and extends the Department's existing research and teaching activities. They will be attracting international recognition and will have published a significant number of high quality papers. They will have proven ability to attract research funding from funding agencies and/or industry, and will have experience of taking an active role in delivering and innovating high quality teaching in computer science at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
These posts are being offered on a full-time, open-ended contract.
Applicants must include with their CV or cover letter two one-page statements:
• Research Statement: describing your research plans and how they will impact on the research profile of the Department; and
• Teaching Statement: describing the contribution that you can make to teaching in the Department, especially in respect of innovation in delivery and content.
For informal discussion about the post you are welcome to contact:
• Prof. Seth Bullock (Head of Department, Department of Computer Science, ) or
• Prof. Ian Nabney (Head of School, School of Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Engineering Maths, ).
Please Note: This is a "rolling advert" with a nominal closing date only. Applications are welcome at any time and the timing of the selection process will be dependent on the applications received. The first round of shortlisting is scheduled for 25th October 2017.
The University of Bristol is committed to equality and we value the diversity of our staff and students.