Interaction Recruitment are recruiting for a Senior Conveyancer.
As a Conveyancer in one of our established teams, this role plays a valuable part in contributing to the first class service provided to clients and other third parties in all residential conveyancing matters, within in a high volume residential conveyancing environment.
The main purpose of this role is to run a high conveyancing case-load up to and including exchange of contract, performing the full range of tasks associated with this process, within specified time-scales.
As a Conveyancer, you be able to effectively manage a case-load of 80 plus cases at any one time and take on a supervisory role, providing support to your Team Manager as and when required. There will also be an expectation that you will strengthen and build on your relationship with Clients and Third Parties
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage a case-load of freehold and leasehold transactions, including new build, unregistered and shared ownership properties, unsupervised
Act independently when establishing priorities and managing all deadlines
- Complete a range of tasks associated with your case-load efficiently, accurately and within specified time-scales outlined in our Service Level Agreements
- Communicate and build relationships with clients and third parties in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This will include communication in person, writing or by telephone
- Understand, report on and resolve on complex legal issues related to the sale or purchase of a property
- Resolve complex queries raised on files by colleagues, and third parties, i.e. Deeds of Trust, Deeds of Variation, Lease Extension etc.
- Review, check and approve files for exchange as authorised
- Deal with exchange of contracts and completion of transactions
- Make proactive care calls to the client regarding contract checks, mortgage reports and search results, replying to freehold and leasehold enquiries, dealing with complex queries
- Production of accurate comprehensive documentation for clients, professional persons and third parties
Recognise how to identify potential risks and when to report them to a senior member
Understand and produce accurate financial statements
Lead and motivate other members of the team - mentor, coach and quality check work, as appropriate
- Actively contribute to the achievement of individual and team targets on a monthly basis.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of pro actively managing a case-load of files, gained within a similar high volume conveyancing environment
- Highly organised - able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines / time-scales
- Excellent communicator - has the ability to liaise with lawyers, lenders, clients and estate agents both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrable experience of putting the customer at the heart of what they do, whilst recognising business need
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed
- A strong team player - understands the dynamics of working in a team and has the ability to coach and mentor others within the team
Demonstrates excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
Proficient mathematical skills
Excellent problem solving and research skills
Excellent I.T skills, including experience of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
If you fit the above criteria please apply or send your cv to