Consumer Service Team Leader
Reporting to the Consumer Service Contact Centre Manager, the Consumer Service Team Leader performs a key role in managing, coaching, developing and motivating a consumer-focused team. The role holder will continuously drive productivity, ensuring maximum operational efficiency in the Contact Centre, and providing an outstanding customer experience. The role will provide proactive support with a clear aim to increase the service provided across all levels of the department. The Consumer Service Team Leader is expected to be a role model for all staff working in the Contact Centre.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To plan and prioritise internal and external consumer and customer needs and requirements.
- To provide exceptional service to all types of internal and external consumers and customers.
- To deal with and resolve escalated issues in case of difficulties or complaints from team members, internal and external consumers and customers.
- To manage a team effectively to ensure targets are met on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- To work towards the departmental KPI's being met on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- To monitor the quality standards of service provided to consumers for team members.
- To provide coaching, personal development and support to team members, including one to one sessions and team briefings.
- To assist with the analysis of workload and development of Contact Centre performance and procedures to ensure continuous improvement.
- To work in collaboration with the Consumer Service Trainer to create personal development plans for individual team members and assist in team and departmental training requirements.
- To ensure adherence to company policies including effective monitoring & management of sickness, unplanned absence and holidays, minimising impact on the team and ensuring targets are met.
- To take a proactive view to resource management to meet both team and departmental requirements.
CRITICAL FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
Communicating, Negotiating and Influencing
Planning & Prioritising
Familiar with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK REQUIREMENTS
As a communicator
- Convey information to all concerned clearly and convincingly and with self-confidence
- Are able to address external stakeholders in a professional and convincing manner
- Able to influence colleagues and managers in a proactive and appropriate way to build strong networks
As a person
- Act with integrity, honesty and morale
- Are open and want to grow by learning and developing yourself
- Are accountable and take responsibility for actions
- Are ambitious and truly motivated to perform
- Want to do what matters, whilst appreciating cost implications to both business and customers
- Are a true team player
- Demonstrate flexibility
As a team player
- Demonstrate ability to work alongside and within a strong team
- Good interpersonal skills on all levels
- Value and understand the individual needs of each member of the team
- Build relationships within the team that create trust, respect and honesty