Sustainability Business and Operational Delivery Manager
Do you want to make a real difference in your role? Are you an experienced operational delivery professional, who strives to deliver excellent standards of service?
NHS Digital has an annual budget of more than GBP200 million and oversight of a GBP1 billion spend. The organisation's Business and Operational Delivery Profession supplies a broad range of general management skills and expertise at all levels to support the many different services that NHS Digital provides to the health and care sector.
An exciting assignment opportunity is available for the right person to join us as a Sustainability Business and Operational Delivery Manager. In this role, you will be working in a fast-paced environment to create sustainability policies, plans and service provision to meet NHS Digital's diverse needs based on your up-to-date knowledge of sustainability issues and relevant good practice. By ensuring that relevant issues relating to sustainability are effectively fed into strategy and big picture considerations, you will be bringing together the views and perspectives of different stakeholders to produce sustainable management policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant sustainability legislation across the organisation.
Your behaviours and approach will reflect NHS Digital's core values of professionalism, trustworthiness, innovative thinking, and putting people at the heart of what you deliver. You will do this by recognizing, respecting and rewarding the contribution and achievements of others, valuing their diversity and difference.
- You will have leadership experience of developing, maintaining and reviewing systems and operational delivery standards to ensure professional excellence and expertise, and value for money
- You will use your strategic thinking skills to ensure that relevant national and local issues relating to your work are effectively fed into strategy and big picture considerations
- You will enjoy bringing together the diverse views and perspectives of your stakeholders to gain a wider picture of the landscape surrounding your activities
- You will be able to interpret and implement legislation and subsequently produce sustainable development management policies and procedures to ensure compliance across NHS Digital.
- You will have experience in spotting warning signs of things going wrong, and you will demonstrate an ability to provide a decisive response to significant delivery challenges, using strong risk management skills.
- You will be able to recognise patterns and trends in a wide range of evidence and data and draw key conclusions, outlining costs, benefits, risks and potential responses.
- You will be able to ensure adherence to legal, regulatory and security requirements in service delivery and build diversity and equality considerations into service delivery plans.
- You will have a passion for reducing burden and maximising efficiency, and a strong focus on benefits realisation.
- You will have excellent standards of communication, both spoken and written, with a demonstrable ability to use the right approach to suit the audience
- You will ensure that your services thoroughly consider both internal and external customers' needs and use a broad range of available methods to meet this, including new technology where relevant
- You will also demonstrate the ability to proactively manage your own career and to identify your own learning needs with support from a dedicated NHS Digital career manager, and be able to plan and carry out your own work-place learning opportunities
Please see the role profile and generic job description (attached) for more information.