Consultants (Housing Sector)
3 days left
- Full Time
Altair was set up in February 2011 and is managed by four partners, Dr Fiona Underwood, Steve Douglas, Susan Kane and Chris Wood, all of whom have held senior positions in their respective fields. Altair has grown significantly since it was initially set up and now employs around 35 full time employees, with a wider team of associates.
We are known for being a high-quality consultancy that works with organisations that govern, manage, regulate or build housing. Our clients are predominantly organisations which are in some way involved with the UK housing sector. This mainly includes housing associations and local authorities, but also private developers and contractors.
About the roles
Following a period of six-and-a-half years since Altair was founded in which we have established ourselves as one of the sector's leading consultancies, we are looking to support our next phase of growth by appointing two new consultants.
Altair works with clients across the housing sector to provide advice and support on three key strategic challenges: growth, change and resilience. This advice and support is provided by delivering services through the following business streams:
- Treasury and Finance
- Strategy & Change
- Human Resources
- Recruitment and Interim Management
As a Consultant, you will work on client projects which cover the full range of these activities but will specifically focus on Strategy & Change, Governance and some aspects of Human Resources.
The main purpose of the Consultant role focuses on taking responsibility for the delivery of work for clients, however it will also input into areas such as; sales and marketing, product development / the design of projects, analysis and some corporate work.
For further information about the roles, please visit and download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Michael Appleby, one of our Directors: | mob: .
How to apply
To apply for the position, please email the following documents to Lynda Garnett ():
- A detailed CV (no more than three pages) including details of positions held (and dates), responsibilities and key achievements, as well as qualifications.
- A supporting statement (no more than 1,500 words) explaining why you are interested in the role and working for Altair, as well as evidencing your experience and knowledge in relation to the role you are applying for.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission.
- A completed diversity monitoring form (available for download on our website). Please note that this information is used for monitoring purposes only and will not be seen or used by the recruitment panels.
The deadline for applications is midday on Friday 13th October 2017. The job reference code is ALT194. Your application will be treated with utmost confidence.