Historic Buildings Architect
- Full Time
An opportunity to work on one of the most recognisable historic buildings in London within one of the largest AJ Top 20 firms. A truly rewarding work environment, sociable team and generous package are all reasons why this is one of the most desired firms to work for in the UK.
We have a strong working relationship with this long established, multi-disciplinary practice who offer services stretching across more than 10 disciplines and possess in excess of a staggering 90 industry awards.
The company employ over 900 staff internationally with offices across Europe, Asia and The Middle East. They have individual teams covering most sectors from education, healthcare and transport; to sports, leisure and residential.
The London practice, which employs in excess of 350 staff, are now resourcing for one of the most prestigious historical building projects in London.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will join an interdisciplinary team made up of engineers, designers, urbanists and technicians to help deliver a significant and challenging historic building scheme from stage 4 onwards.
Required Skills & Experience
The employer is currently searching for candidates at a range of experience levels, from Technicians/Technologists to Architects & Senior Architects. In addition to qualification, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 2 years' UK experience PQE
- Experience working on medium to large scale historic buildings in the UK
- A strong background working on medium to large scale projects from stage 4 onwards
- Excellent technical ability with an appreciation for high-quality design
- Experience liaising with high-profile clients would be advantageous as you will be required to collaborate closely with the client
- Client/Contractor liaison skills would be advantageous as you will be required to liaise with various parties throughout the life of the project
- Proficiency in Revit would be highly advantageous, however full training will be provided
Salary & Package
The successful applicant will be offered a salary between GBP36,000 - GBP45,000 depending on experience. In addition, you will be entitled to the following benefits package:
- Stakeholder pension
- Profit share scheme
- Tax-efficient smart benefits
- Life insurance
- Long term sickness insurance
- Private medical insurance and health screening
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Enhanced maternity and paternity provision
The London team works from beautifully modern yet characterful offices, spread out over a number of floors; offering a stimulating, sociable and creative environment for their staff. Based in the heart of Clerkenwell, staff have easy access to a number of popular shops, bars and restaurants.
The firm is committed to being an employer of choice, and therefore offer a rewarding environment with a respect for the work-life balance of their staff.