Pensions and Payroll Assistant
Payroll and Pension Officer
GBP24,000 - GBP28,000
An opportunity has arisen to join a nationwide children's charity in their Leeds Peoples Service Centre as a Payroll and Pensions Officer. This position is working closely with the outsourced payroll team. Dealing with high volume payroll, the company has in excess of 2000 staff at various sites around the UK. You would play a pivotal part in ensuring that all payment processes are followed accurately and to a timely manner working to strict deadlines. The ideal candidate will have an in depth knowledge of pension and payroll legislation and be able to comprehensively explain this to other less knowledgeable team members.
Duties of the role will include:
* Ensuring high levels of accuracy when dealing with the monthly payroll cycle and managed this effectively and efficiently
* Be the first point of call for any queries about pay such as tax and NI, pensions, pension auto enrolment and gross and net pay
* Manage the relationship between the out sourced payroll provider, arranging monthly and quarterly meetings, work closely with them to help continuous improvement
* Administering auto enrolment and re-enrolment ensuring compliance with latest pension legislation
* Manage pensions administration, providing ,monthly reports to the pension providers to show the accuracy of contributions and making corrections where there are inaccuracies
* Keeping up to date with all payroll and pensions legislation
* Ensuring all payroll records are kept up to date and filed accurately
* Working with finance for cheque and BACs payments
* Monthly reconciliations between and external systems
* Produce and maintain a Payroll Procedures Manual
* Ensure compliance for pensions is met by reviewing records, reviewing monthly leavers and informing the administration companies are made aware
The right candidate for this role will be a strong communicator with a proven record of working to deadlines by effective time management skills. Integrity is a vital part of this role as you will be dealing with confidential information and queries. Leadership skills are important as you will have to relay information about pension and payroll legislation to less experienced staff.
This company offers a very generous holiday entitlement of 29 days plus bank holidays, salary sacrifice benefit schemes, discounted mobile phone contacts along with numerous other discounts. This role has the option to work from home if that is preferred.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.