7 days left
- Full Time
My client, a large facilities Management business urgently requires an interim FD whilst a permanent replacement is found. This role could become a temp to perm position.
This role is responsible for driving and measuring the business performance of a business unit with GBP100m revenues. The Finance Director will ensure that business processes are conducted in a way which protects and enhances the image and reputation of this business unit.
Working alongside the Managing Director, the role requires someone who is commercially astute, advising on the best path of development for the business. They will have oversight and responsibility for all financial aspects of divisional strategy.
The role requires excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, often requiring the individual to work with various departments to optimise business performance. The position is directly responsible for a finance and commercial team of approximately nine.
- Take an active part in the management of the business unit representing the business at divisional level and contributing to the development and deployment of strategy and policy within the division.
- Provide motivation, leadership and direction within the division to ensure the achievement of targets.
- Ensure that historical and future performance data is available in order to enable the business to make informed decisions on future actions including investment and growth opportunities.
- Provide commercial and financial support and divisional sign-off for contract bids, and playing an active part in bid/no bid decisions.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with external customers. Manage, in consultation with colleagues, customer relationships and contract negotiations for the division.
- Provide motivation, leadership and direction within the finance and commercial team to ensure the achievement of targets. To ensure the ongoing coaching and development of employees and to establish succession plans for all key positions.
- Work co-operatively with other divisions and support functions within the Group to promote and facilitate the achievement of company and corporate objectives. Participate in such cross business projects and assignments as may be required.
- Identify and monitor risks and opportunities.
- Ensure prudent management of cash flow.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and corporate requirements.
- Undertake ad-hoc project work.
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Proven financial background in a commercial context.
- Ability to manage all aspects of the provision of the financial framework for the division with a sound appreciation of modern business processes and a commitment to best practice.
- A high level of awareness of the market within which the division operates.
- An ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers.
- A high level focus on the achievement of targeted results.
- A high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with customers, employees and teams at all levels.
- The ability to inspire confidence in their ability and the quality of their advice.
- A demonstrated clear understanding of the competencies relating to the role.
- A demonstrated commitment to the ongoing success of the business.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- High standards of accuracy with excellent attention to detail.
- Have a 'hands on approach' and be keen to resolve problems in non-finance areas.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, multi task and determine your priorities.