Qualifications Technical Adviser (Management Accounting and Strategy)
Our client is a global professional accountancy body with over 1200 staff in 53 countries.
Applicants must be fully qualified, and have excellent technical understanding of the relevant syllabus subjects spanning management accounting, financial management and business strategy, including experience of case study examinations. Technical knowledge and understanding of fundamental level financial accounting is also required.
As a QTA, you will work within a small team of technical people to ensure the relevance and quality control of a suite of exams, learning support and syllabi across the client's qualifications, ranging from apprenticeships to master's degree level. They will shape the exam as the organisation's technical expert, and have ultimate sign-off and accountability over exam content.
QTAs are instrumental in the organisation's transition to computer-based exams (CBE). This role will also have a specific focus on the design and requirements for the marking of existing and future CBEs.
You will liaise with professionally qualified experts from the UK and internationally.
In the job you will:
- Lead the development of new syllabi, exam structures and formats.
- Ensure that the client's qualification remains cutting edge, regulation compliant and relevant, leading the quality assurance and standard setting of exam content and style.
- Liaise with the examining team and contribute to finalising key exams at examination panel meetings, providing detailed input.
- Develop, create and manage blueprints for exam delivery, and ensure that the examining team are aware of their role and requirements.
- Select, manage, and contribute to the training of question writers and reviewers.
- Lead the design and requirements of the marking process across paper and CBE delivery.
- Ensure exams are marked fairly by jointly leading the standardisation process and engaging with marking teams.
- Review question statistical performance to improve the quality of the examination.
- Develop training materials and presentations to show changes to exams to a variety of audiences.
- Give advice and information to lecturers teaching the exams.
- Source or write technical articles and other learning support products.
- Respond to queries from students and learning providers, including on exam day.
- Make final decisions on any points of dispute as the organisation's technical expert and representative.
- Support approved content providers in shaping annual content reviews.
- Develop and deliver, with guidance, a plan for significant aspects of external communications related to exams.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is able to build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts including those working at partner level in accounting practice and professors in academia, and to act as an ambassador for the organisation in external meetings
- Can deal effectively with large volumes of work to strict deadlines using a well organised, logical and methodical approach
And who has:
- A professional accountancy qualification or equivalent, mainly with good first time passes and post qualifying experience, including exposure to the design and understanding of system processes and requirements
- Strong academic background, including good class of degree
- Experience working in an educational environment and a clear understanding of the different exam levels
- Excellent technical understanding of the relevant syllabus subjects spanning management accounting, financial management and business strategy, including experience of case study examinations
- Technical knowledge and understanding of fundamental level financial accounting.
- With training, the ability to balance multiple exams across a session with CBE provision to ensure they are at the same standard
- Ability to appoint and train external people for CBE
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
This vacancy is being advertised by FJWilson Talent Services. The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, all qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from persons holding equivalent qualifications.