Senior Investment Analyst
Apply now Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, 'social responsibility' is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you'll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
- With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers' pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
- Job Duties
- The role holder will be primarily responsible for supporting New Business investment strategy with respect to portfolio construction, implementation, hedging execution and client interaction. The division is at the heart of LGR's business strategy of being the market leader in Bulk Annuities and the role holder will be expected to contribute towards the wider business development efforts in maintaining and furthering LGR's market leadership. Responsibilities will involve working on a variety of bulk annuity transactions, representing the team at internal stakeholders and external clients, implementing asset strategies and hedging programmes post-transaction, assisting in the writing of governance papers and general development of the business.
- Supporting New business investment strategy on all transactions, such as devising bespoke asset allocation, researching asset classes and capital market products, executing hedging strategies, monitoring implementation of transacted deals and setting new business pricing assumptions.
- Leading the team's initiatives in researching asset classes and capital markets products from a top-down macro perspective, and optimising investment strategy decisions with respect to their financial impacts across various balance sheets, and by extension, their impacts on New business pricing
- Proactively working with the PRT, actuarial and reporting teams to optimise investment outcomes, clearly communicating investment strategy to internal stakeholders and confidently representing the Investment team in client meetings and interactions.
- Leading on relevant new business transactions, liaising with the deal teams and ensuring that all processes are followed.
- Support the day-to-day management and housekeeping of the New Business process, including working with PRT teams to ensure the Investments team have the latest pipeline info, maintaining audit and risk control logs, organising folders on the drive
- Support the writing of governance papers relating to investment strategy, development tools and new business transactions
- Supporting the development of new tools and analytics for new business
- Skills Required
- Outstanding quantitative skills (First Class Numerate Degree/Post Graduate qualification).
- Substantial successful experience in an in-house investment team of an insurance company, investment bank, asset manager or an investment consulting firm
- Strong understanding of insurance company balance sheets
- Strong and demonstrable understanding of asset valuation concepts and models
- Strong capital markets knowledge
- Good understanding of fixed income markets and alternative investment assets.
- Highly commercial approach.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong Team Player
- Attitude: Pro-activeness to drive the business, a commercial mindset and willingness to learn
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.