Apply now Apply via LinkedIn Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, 'social responsibility' is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you'll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
- At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that's important to you is protected. With over 180 years' experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
- An exciting opportunity to join the Legal & General Individual Protection pricing team in a role that has exposure to all aspects of the pricing process. You will have the opportunity to be involved in the commercial pricing process, the embedding of a new risk framework and the risk pricing experience investigations.
General Actuarial Duties: -
- Support all areas of the pricing team to help maintain L&G as one of the UK's leading market providers of Individual Protection products.
- Assist where necessary to enable the pricing actuaries to:
- develop and price new and existing products, by providing pricing expertise and any additional actuarial support as required.
- interpret the results of the experience investigations to develop and refine the pricing and best estimate basis, by employing data analysis and modelling techniques.
- maintain and manage the existing suite of products and assist in the delivery of new projects and initiatives developed within the business unit
- Assist in the development and integration of a new risk framework to ensure that it meets the necessary requirements.
- Support the pricing actuaries to determine optimal reinsurance arrangements for the protection products.
General Duties: -
- Complete appropriate training and study to gain the Fellow of Institute or Faculty of Actuaries qualification (or equivalent body).
- Represent the department and establish and maintain contacts within the organisation.
- Ensure that the principles of TCF are adhered to by:
- Understanding who our customers are and their needs
- Managing their expectations, by working to agreed timescales and across teams where necessary.
- Skills Required
- Essential: -
- Ability to analyse and interpret data, understands the impact in a business context
- Able to work under pressure and meet targets.
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- An understanding of the Individual Protection products and key issues associated with them.
- Knowledge of a relevant modelling platform (e.g. Prophet or Emblem) and data manipulation tools (e.g. SAS or DCS) advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of the usual Microsoft Office applications
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is for a specific location, but to further develop and enhance your skills you may be asked to rotate in future to our other site. Our sites are London and Hove.