UK Tax Reporting & Compliance Manager
Search Finance is supporting a large financial services business with the appointment of a UK Tax Reporting & Compliance Manager to be based at Head Office in Leeds.
The organisation is an acquisitive business that has delivered significant, consistent year on year growth and is gearing up for a number of high profile acquisitions in 2018.
The UK Tax Reporting & Compliance Manager will manage and be responsible for all elements of corporate value added taxation affecting the UK Group.
Reporting to the Head of UK financial Reporting & Control, duties of the role will include:
- Managing the UK groups corporation tax affairs including all aspects of tax compliance and tax reporting under IFRS
- Preparation of UK tax figures included in group management accounts, budgets & forecasts and bond & investor reporting
- With the assistance of external advisors, ensuring all tax returns are filed on time whilst making sure the planning and deliver of all aspects of corporation tax compliance at UK group and single entity level is executed in an optimal manner
- Ensure the group is compliance from an indirect tax perspective by managing the VAT compliance cycle
- Liaising with external auditors and tax advisors, reviewing outcomes to develop and implement improvements and remedial actions
- Leading the development, implementation and future refinement of systems, processes and policies so that the business remains compliant
- Support the UK Finance Director in executing, embedding and continual refinement of the UK Group's tax policies in establishing a robust control environment and monthly processes
- Establishing and maintaining subject matter expert knowledge of tax laws and requirements
We are looking for an individual with corporate tax and VAT experience gained from either an industry or practice environment, and who has a good understanding of Treasury and transfer pricing conventions.
This is a technical role suited to an ACA / ACCA Qualified Accountant who has very strong attention to detail skills, the ability analyse and investigate complex matters and who is a good communicator, capable of distilling information appropriately for their audience.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.