Financial Reporting Manager
Search Finance is supporting a large financial services business with the appointment of a Financial Reporting Manager to be based at Head Office in Leeds.
The organisation is an acquisitive business that has delivered significant, consistent year on year growth and is gearing up for a number of high profile acquisitions in 2018.
The Financial Reporting Manager position is a fantastic gateway opportunity for a Big 4 trained newly qualified Accountant to join a fast paced, highly commercial business that can offer career progression that is unmatched in the Yorkshire region.
As Financial Reporting Manager you will be responsible for producing UK statutory financial statements under IFRS both at a divisional and consolidated level. You will manage the relationship with the external auditors and ensure compliance with new accounting standards across the UK business.
Key to the success of the Financial Reporting Manager is the ability to manage relationships with external stakeholders and regulatory bodies, in addition to being the champion of compliance and financial control internally as you drive the agenda for best practice across the wider finance function.
Duties of the role include:
- Production of UK statutory financial statements under IFRS both at an entity level and on a consolidated basis
- Production of all other external reporting required on an ad-hoc basis
- Ensuring the consistent application of all UK accounting policies by working closely with the Group team and ensuring correct application in the UK businesses
- Providing technical accounting support across the wider UK Finance team
- Overseeing the UK external audit process ensuring all queries are dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner
- Creating a data bank capturing all UK financial information reported to the external market ensuring consistency throughout all publications
- Assisting the Treasury team in further bond raises ensuring all UK statutory information is supplied in timely manner
- Continuous development of the process and controls framework
- Identification and implementation of improvements as required by external regulatory bodies or accounting standards
- Delivery of ad-hoc project work as necessary in line with the continued expansion and growth of the business
This is a high profile role suited to an exceptional individual at the appropriate stage of their career. You will be Big 4 trained, ACA / ACCA Newly Qualified with a track record of First Time Passes and a strong academic profile. The role is suited to a career minded individual who sees the undeniable value that this kind of remit will add to their experience, and who wants to join a business that can offer great career progression opportunities for top performers.
On offer is a highly competitive salary, 10% bonus, flexible benefits package and a generous pension.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.