Interim Management Accountant
An award winning not-for-profit organisation in North Leeds has a requirement for an Interim Management Accountant to join the finance team, initially on a 12 month contract.
This is a varied and challenging role in a medium sized team with responsibilities that include preparation of monthly management accounts for a number of group subsidiaries, management of the transactional finance team and project work associated with commercial analysis and decision making support.
- Duties of the Management Accountant will include:
- Supporting the production of month end accounts and the preparation of insightful analysis
- Thorough investigation and explanation of variances against budgets and forecasts
- Production of a variety of key performance indicators.
- Maintenance of the general ledgers and timely query resolution.
- Working closely with operational teams in a Business Partnering capacity in order to support effective decision making
- Working closely with finance colleagues to support process and efficiency development.
- Preparation of monthly VAT Returns.
- Supporting the year end audit process
- Daily management of a small team of colleagues with responsibility for transactions processing
The business is looking for an individual who is CIMA, ACCA or ACA Qualified and who has previous experience of using Sage accounting software. You will need to be available at short notice and able to commit to a minimum period of 12 months. Its possible that the role will develop further into a permanent opportunity, so candidates looking for a long term option are encouraged to apply.
This is a great opportunity for a finance professional with a well rounded skill set to join a medium sized, stable and ethically minded organisation set in a semi-rural location in the North Leeds area.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age