Adults Social Care Area Director - 1 year FTC
My client in Surrey is looking to recruit an Area Director within their Adult Social Care Leadership Team. This is a fixed term contract for 1 year.
This is an exciting opportunity to locally shape and deliver local services in North West Surrey alongside colleagues from the NHS.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated professional to join our Adult Social Care Leadership team within Surrey County Council's Adult Social Care Directorate.
The post will have the operational responsibility for three frontline social care teams together with a social care team based in St Peters Hospital. In addition, the post will carry countywide strategic leads which will be agreed following the appointment of the successful candidate.
The provision of local personalised support is at the heart of our service. You will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high quality Adult Social Care support managing both locality and hospital social care teams. As an integral member of the countywide management team you will have the opportunity to promote consistent and innovative best practice across the whole county as well as within your specific geographical area. You will also have responsibility for a delegated budget and for improving and maintaining high performance standards of the teams you are responsible for.
In this post you will be the key interface between Adult Social Care, District and Boroughs and a Surrey CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group.
Working closely with North West Surrey CCG colleagues, you will work to address social care commissioning (strategic and micro), joint commissioning integration of health and social care services for the local population served by the CCG.
You will be the social care expert with the CCG and have delegated authority to enable speedy decision-making.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and innovative and can provide strong leadership for the social care teams.
Person Specification for the role
- You will have a professional qualification in health or social care
- A proven track record of successfully delivering strategic leadership and managing large teams within a health or social care setting.
- You will be able to demonstrate a high level understanding and commitment to the personalisation agenda and have both direct experience of delivering adult social care services
- A comprehensive and applied knowledge of adult social care legislation.
- It is essential that you have an understanding and commitment to supporting carers and demonstrable commitment to delivering support and managing staff in accordance with the Councils Equality and Diversity policy
- Must be a driver with own vehicle as you will be expected to travel across the county
- Excellent communication and written skills
You must submit a detailed personal statement if you applying for this role.
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
Free DBS and compliance service
Access to vacancies across the UK
Dedicated Specialist Consultant
Excellent Aftercare Service
Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
GBP250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
*Terms and conditions apply