A dynamic firm of Accountants currently seek an experienced Payroll specialist to join their Head Office in Surrey.
This is a key role for the firm and as such will report to the Directors. The business has an excellent reputation for quality of service and has an expanding client base as a result.
This is a varied and challenging position, that will suit a very well organised individual with previous experience of working with multiple (and some complex) payrolls.
The successful applicant will manage a total payroll portfolio of almost 150 clients. The largest of which has over 300 employees.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Advising clients on all aspects of their payroll, including auto enrolment.
- Liaise with clients regarding the new auto enrolment changes.
- Corresponding with clients for information, dealing with queries and HMRC correspondence (the tax department gives support on technical queries).
- Maintaining the systems to ensure that payrolls are processed on a timely basis.
- Ensuring consistency in filing payroll documents in our document management system.
- Setting up new payrolls and invoicing payrolls.
- Preparing payroll journals and summaries.
- Attending relevant external training courses and keeping up to date on legislation for payroll.
To apply for this position, you will be an experienced payroll professional that can thrive in an environment that offers lots of autonomy. Previous experience of working within a Practice or Bureau environment is also highly desirable. Access to your own transport is also essential.
The firm is based in modern offices and offers a professional work environment and continuous training. There is also a very competitive benefits package that includes: 25 days holiday, life assurance, company pension scheme and private medical insurance.
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time-scale.