2 days left
- Full Time
My client is looking for an Assistant Accountant for one of their sites based in Portsmouth.
You will support for the Operations Accountant and Financial Controller for the month-end reporting and for management information in the month.
My client are a multi-national business with this particular site based in Portsmouth.
Timely production of daily metrics monitoring site's performance for distribution to management
- Compile and process the monthly journals including, but not limited to, accruals, prepayments and labour costs.
- Produce the monthly financial reporting pack.
- Complete daily cycle counting
- Assist in stock reconciliations, analysis and counts.
- Complete bank reconciliations for all accounts including FX
- Timely compiling of balance sheet reconciliations for inclusion in the monthly reporting folder and review with the Financial Controller. All complete by day 4 of closing calendar
- Complete VAT returns in compliance with the reporting timetable for review with the Operations Accountant
- Complete Intrastat and EC Sales returns.
- Maintain the cash books in a timely fashion.
- Compile intercompany debit notes, balances and monthly statements for agreement with other sites.
- Complete the foreign exchange adjustments, calculate the monthly FX gain/loss and provide the details for the rolling forecast for submission to the FX committee
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset registers and monitoring of Capital Expenditure against budgets.
- Other adhoc duties as required by the Operations Accountant and Financial Controller.
The right candidate will be studying towards ACCA/CIMA, or be AAT qualified (or nearly) and be looking to progress to ACCA/CIMA.
You will also have exposure to month end reporting as a minimum and knowledge of SAP would be ideal, but not essential.
An excellent salary and benefits package is available to the successful candidate.