My client is looking for an Assistant Accountant for one of their sites based in Portsmouth.
You will support for the Operations Accountant and Financial Controller for the month-end reporting and for management information in the month.
My client are a multi-national business with this particular site based in Portsmouth.
Timely production of daily metrics monitoring site's performance for distribution to management
- Compile and process the monthly journals including, but not limited to, accruals, prepayments and labour costs.
- Produce the monthly financial reporting pack.
- Complete daily cycle counting
- Assist in stock reconciliations, analysis and counts.
- Complete bank reconciliations for all accounts including FX
- Timely compiling of balance sheet reconciliations for inclusion in the monthly reporting folder and review with the Financial Controller. All complete by day 4 of closing calendar
- Complete VAT returns in compliance with the reporting timetable for review with the Operations Accountant
- Complete Intrastat and EC Sales returns.
- Maintain the cash books in a timely fashion.
- Compile intercompany debit notes, balances and monthly statements for agreement with other sites.
- Complete the foreign exchange adjustments, calculate the monthly FX gain/loss and provide the details for the rolling forecast for submission to the FX committee
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset registers and monitoring of Capital Expenditure against budgets.
- Other adhoc duties as required by the Operations Accountant and Financial Controller.
The right candidate will be studying towards ACCA/CIMA, or be AAT qualified (or nearly) and be looking to progress to ACCA/CIMA.
You will also have exposure to month end reporting as a minimum and knowledge of SAP would be ideal, but not essential.
An excellent salary and benefits package is available to the successful candidate.