Tax Executive - Study Support Available
Job Title: Tax Executive
Salary: GBP28,000 - GBP32,000 PLUS 33 days holidays (including bank holidays), Employee Recognition awards and bonuses.
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is looking for a talented Tax Executive to join their friendly team of six based in Leicester.
You'll have the chance to manage a portfolio of private and business clients and advise on a wide range of matters. You'll be involved in compliance review, coaching students and preparing more complicated tax returns, plus advisory and planning. MIXED TAX EXPERIENCE IS DESIRED, even if an 80:20 split for example.
You'll have a genuine opportunity for career advancement in a growing team.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- ATT qualified, possibly studying for CTA or holds CTA or qualified by experience
- Varied, practical and technical tax knowledge, minimum 2 years practical experience
- Experience of personal and corporate tax is preferred, ideally with some experience of advisory work
- Demonstrable ability to coach and develop junior members of staff
- Basic accounts knowledge
- Competent user of MS Word & Excel plus tax software
- Be positive and committed to the company in dealings with both clients and staff.
- Request information from the client
- Work through the information and assess the tax impact of each piece of information
- Prepare and generate tax returns using tax software
- Send chasing letters to client if required, address any queries
- Prepare letter to client, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
- Draft letter for review and make any necessary changes (where appropriate)
- Send letter and tax return to client for signature; log information sent and submit to HMRC
- Liaise with HMRC on client's behalf
- Inform client of tax liabilities; agree these to HMRC statement on account
- Prepare HMRC forms as appropriate (e.g. P35, P11Detc.) and ensure all deadlines are met
- Prepare client bill (where appropriate)
- Identify tax planning opportunities as appropriate
- Assist on consultancy projects (where required).
- Regularly update your knowledge via Tax section on the Intranet
- Positive involvement with tax advisory work relevant to your skill level
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy