HR Advisor / HR Officer
HR Advisor / Officer to join the team based in Denton, Manchester
Who are we ?
Qualtex UK is a well-known name as a reputable supplier of domestic appliances and replacement parts, with a history going back nearly 60 years. Famous manufacturers have authorised Qualtex to become national distributors of their original parts. This growing portfolio includes Dyson, Miele, Hotpot, Bosch, Hoover, Sebo, LG, Whirlpool, Karcher, to name a few. Qualtex now offers the most comprehensive choice of domestic and commercial appliance replacement parts in Europe, supplying 40 overseas countries?????????.and we're still growing.
This role covers everything in HR, so whilst we supply spare parts, we're definitely not looking for one - you'll be an integral member of the team! Your core duties will include:
- HR Admin - offer letters, contracts, changes, managing starters and leavers
- Managing Induction - it needs an overhaul so this could be your first project
- Employee Handbook - developing, designing, issuing, maintaining / updating
- Disciplinary & Grievance - advising managers, attending meetings, preparing notes and letters etc
- Performance Management - helping and advising Managers with any performance related issues
- Payroll - we outsource so this is more about collating the data
Then, just when you thought you had enough to do, you'll support in the recruitment process, get involved in training and L&D, and collaborate on wellbeing and engagement.
Who am I looking for?
As you can see it's a varied role (I know everyone says that), but it really is. So I need someone who will role their sleeves up and just get on with things. Ideally someone with the following:
- 2/3 years' experience of working in a generalist capacity HR - confident in your own ability and want show it
- CIPD qualified or working towards
- Confident operating under minimal supervision at times
- Able to interpret and advise on policy and process, whilst being commercial and pragmatic
- Experience of using ADP and Freedom payroll would be great too - but not essential
We're a small team - there's just me (and you if you're successful) so we're a one-stop shop for all things HR related. We support a number of other sites too, so there's a good chance our team will expand further in the future, which means there is opportunity to grow and progress.
If you'd like to apply then it would be great to hear from you - send your CV (cover letter optional)
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE