Audit & Accounts Senior / Supervisor
Job Title: Audit & Accounts Senior / Supervisor
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Highly negotiable
PB Recruitment are currently supporting a leading accountancy practice based in Mid-Kent. They provide a full range of accounting and business advisory services to a varied range of businesses and individuals across the UK and abroad. The office consists of 10+ partners and directors and primarily focuses on audit &assurance, business & advisory, tax & corporate finance.
We're searching for a candidate that has supervisory experience, along with management potential to predominantly manage the small accounts/outsourcing work. The successful candidate will carry out audits both in, but primarily out of the office.
The role is designed to complete both audits and accounts jobs for their larger corporate clients. The purpose of this opportunity is to maximise practice effectiveness and income by ensuring that projects are conducted to specified qualitative and quantitative standers and recognise and chase opportunities for added work.
Your main responsibilities will consist of:-
- Carry out audit planning in accordance with the firm's procedures, including preparation of budgets, review of issues from the previous audit, materiality calculations, risk assessment, tailoring of audit programs, and preparation of audit planning memorandum.
- Draft pre audit letters and updated engagement letters for dispatch to client well in advance of audit initiation.
- Ensures all audit fieldwork is completed in accordance with the firm's procedures and supervise more junior team members throughout, both in house and out on site.
- Review the work of more junior team members to a high standard ensuring a job appraisal form has been completed promptly.
- Preparation of audit section summaries (where applicable), audit completion memorandum, completion section, post audit letter and undertake final analytical review and drafting of audit reports. Ensure that all key points are brought to the Manager, Director's/Partner's attention, having resolved all problems and queries as far as possible before passing file for review.
- Ensure all review points are cleared, any necessary adjustments are made to the accounts before finalising.
- Prepare accounts for a variety of clients including sole traders, partnerships, LLP's, Limited companies, along with many more.
- Ensure that assignments of all types are properly planned, budgeted, recorded, carried out and finalised in accordance with firm's procedures.
- Delegate analysis work to more junior staff and monitor their progress, as well as reviewing their work when completed and supervising them at Client's premises.
This role requires you to be ACCA/ ACA qualified, and have significant external audit experience gained within a professional services environment. Experience of business development activities such as targeting, preparation of proposal documents, as well as excellent working knowledge of Tax, PAYE and VAT - sufficient for audit and accounting purposes. We're obviously searching for someone who is a driven team player with a self-starter attitude and displays clear lines of commination both written and verbal.
Interested? Send us your CV and tell us why you'd be perfect for the job!
Don't have a CV? Get in touch with me (Bernice Radley) on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or Tweet me!
We're always on the hunt for outstanding Audit & Accounts Seniors / Supervisors and we love meeting new people! So if this role doesn't sound like a great fit for you but you like the sound of us, please do get in touch and find out how we can help you find your next role!
PB Recruitment Consultants Ltd management team have over 35 years' experience of management within our specialist sectors, understanding the importance of reliability and commitment in service provision to ensure targets are met and ultimately customer satisfaction is provided. Through our experience, we have heightened awareness as to specific requirements to facilitate job momentum and enhance productivity. Together we have a wealth of knowledge which allows us to have insight when allocating candidates to each specific job and believe that through an initial meeting with clients are able to select those who would ensure higher productivity meeting and exceeding your standards in practice.
We understand that many industries do not work the average 9:00am - 5:00pm day, which is why our office phones divert every evening and at weekends, allowing us to provide a 24 hour service, seven days per week.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to each candidate, we do receive a large volume of applications, so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful with your application. We will however add your details to our database and be sure to contact you should a suitable vacancy arise.