Litigation Executive - Employment Law
Manchester City Centre, near Victoria Train Station
Up to GBP24,000 basic salary depending on experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for UK and Ireland's leading provider of Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety Services. With over 30,000 clients Peninsula are the number 1 organisation in this field and we continue to grow our customer base year on year.
We are looking for a bright, confident, legally-qualified individual, preferably with some employment law experience, to work in a dynamic team and cover every aspect of preparing employment cases for hearing. The ideal candidate will have either a postgraduate professional legal qualification or directly relevant experience and will relish assuming responsibility for a caseload in a fast-paced but supportive team environment. The focus is on great client service and care, along with a firm commercial approach, and we are looking for someone with the communication skills to provide that.
Duties will include
- Reviewing tribunal claims and drafting responses
- Assisting clients with early conciliation matters
- Dealing with all aspects of document disclosure
- Creating trial bundles
- Drafting witness statements
- Corresponding with tribunals, claimants' representatives and clients
- Achieving commercially favourable settlements
- Conducting preliminary hearings by telephone
Skills and experience required
- A "can-do" attitude, a thirst for knowledge and the ability to communicate knowledge effectively within the team.
- Experience of reviewing and processing Employment Tribunal claims
- Law degree (or GDL) and/or a professional qualification (LPC/BPTC)
- A real commitment to helping our clients through a difficult time
- A positive approach to a busy workload and team work
- A genuine passion for employment law and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure.
This is a fantastic multi-award winning place to work if you enjoy being exposed to a wide variety of employment relation issues across all different sectors. The office is fast-paced and busy so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude. Through training and development we make sure that everyone who works with us has the resources they need to build their careers. So, if you are ambitious, focused and have a passion for employment law you'll soon discover that there are unlimited opportunities for you at Peninsula. If this sounds like the right opportunity for your, click on the link to apply today.