We are looking for a bright, motivated individual who is looking for a new challenge, to develop and work in a team based environment, in the role of Audit Senior. The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified (or close to) and will have good experience in:
- Leading audit fieldwork (including planning, execution and reporting) whilst keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas including revenue
- Engaging clients in a professional manner
- Constantly developing your understanding of audit and financial reporting standards
- Coaching junior colleagues
The role will predominantly be audit focused but given the nature of the practice there will be some exposure to general practice work, including accounts preparation and tax. The role will offer exposure to a wide range of clients, including trading, property and other businesses / organisations.
A fantastic opportunity for an individual with good audit experience looking for a new challenge and to further their career with a highly thought of, well established and progressive firm of Chartered Accountants that prides itself on excellent client relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and carrying out all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a regular basis.
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP (IFRS an advantage)
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff
- Reporting to the audit manager on all issues arising from audits.
Preferred Candidate Profile
- Organized and self-disciplined
- Close attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Punctual and diligent
Expected Qualifications / Experience
- ACA / ACCA Qualified (or close to)
- Minimum of 3 years' audit experience including running audit assignments
- Competent using Excel spreadsheets
- IFRS experience preferred but not essential