BBC - Multiple Software Engineer Roles
BrightPool are working in partnership with the BBC to recruit Highly Talented Software Engineers for the BBC North Design & Engineering campus. There are more than 40 teams based in the MediaCityUK campus, responsible for a range of varied products from Sport, Children's, Education, TV&Radio, Homepage, Platform and more.
The BBC don't focus simply on what they do, they also care how they do it. Their values and the way they behave are important to them. Please make sure you've read about the values and behaviours in following link:
You will need to have experience of:
- Node.JS or similar serverside development languages.
- CSS (BEM OOCSS) and precompilers such as Sass.
- Testing tools and approaches, including Test Driven Development and test frameworks such as Mocha and Jasmine.
- Using source control systems such as Subversion and Git.
- Adopting a "can do" positive attitude, a willingness to learn and collaborate with colleagues.
There are currently multiple roles available across Sport, Children's and Education:
- Senior Software Engineer - BBC Sport
- Software Engineer - BBC Sport
- Software Engineer - BBC North
- Software Engineer - Platform API
- Senior Software Engineer - BBC Education
- Software Engineer - BBC Education
- Software Engineer - Children's Design & Engineering - Services
- Software Engineer - Children's Design & Engineering - Web
- Games Software Engineer - Children's Design & Engineering
- Mobile Developer - Children's Design & Engineering
If you would like to be considered for this role, please complete the form in the applilcation link provided and submit an up to date CV clearly showing your experience in relation to the above.
This role will require you to attend an assessment centre at the BBC.