Business Change Project Manager - 12 months fixed term appointment
My client is a global financial services organisation and is currently looking to recruit a Business Change Project Manager to join a talented co-located team managing change accros all business units.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and delivery of multiple and complex projects linking in with colleagues from across the organisation (including IT functions), and the various business and support areas. This will include supporting the business to ensure benefits are delivered and projects appropriately handed over into BAU.
The role is a Project Managers role, delivering through locally impacted Business Managers and technical specialists, requiring significant stakeholder management, support and coaching. The ideal candidate will show clear leadership capabilities whilst at the same time able to work as a team player. They must take ownership of deliverables and apply rigorously the internal methodologies whilst also being adaptive to circumstances.
Full lifecycle end to end project management and delivery of multiple large and / or complex projects including:
- Scoping, definition, benefits analysis and prioritisation.
- Project Planning and resource impact analysis
- Risk and Issue management and resolution
- Benefit analysis and post implementation lessons
- The role will involve working with multiple and senior stakeholders onshore and offshore -including third party companies - up to director level
- Knowledge of financial services processes
- Project Management experience supported by business experience in a specialist or managerial role.
- Qualified to degree level preferably. Additional professional change and project management qualifications e.g. 6 Sigma, APM etc would be an advantage.
- Requirement for conceptual thinking and working from first principles, rather than using a standard prescribed formula.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex operational and processing problems, which involves discussions with internal stakeholders to determine requirements and drawing upon appropriate specialist expertise where appropriate.
- Ability to develop and implement project plans, managing customer relationships and coordinating cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to prepare reports and deliver presentations to customers and senior management regarding project status, results and recommendations
- Ability to assess and understand the business issues and drivers which impact the project and its delivery - getting hands dirty when required to ensure everything works correctly.
Please note, due to the nature of this role candidates must be able to pass a credit check and references must come back as acceptable with no dismissals, disciplinary or warnings over the last 3 years.
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within the next five days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities.