Senior Protein Scientist
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced scientist to join a highly successful laboratory business!
Do you have experience of Protein Chemistry techniques such as capillary electrophoresis, circular dichroism and western blot? Have you worked in a lab for at least 3 years? Are you seeking a senior industry position developing and validating a range of assays? Then this could be the role for you!
Working within a busy team you will take the lead in developing and validating bioassays, GMP batch release assays, ICH comparability studies, protein characterisation and stability studies. As a senior team member, you will also guide and advise junior lab scientists and contribute to the smooth running of the department.
To be considered for this position you must possess:
- Strong experience in capillary electrophoresis, circular dichroism and/ or western blot
- At least 3 years' experience developing and validating assays
- An excellent understanding of proteins, peptides, vaccines, viruses and oligonucleotides in a biotherapeutic context
- A good understanding of GMP working practices
- Excellent communication skills and team-working abilities
Apply to VRS today to be considered for this exciting new role!
Key words: senior scientist, protein chemistry, capillary electrophoresis, circular dichroism, western blot, method development, validation, GMP, good manufacturing practice, batch release, characterisation, proteins, peptides, vaccines, viruses, oligonucleotides, biotherapeutics, biopharmaceuticals, Manchester, North West, VRS5573LC