Medical Secretary - Full time role/home based
Salary GBP25,000 per annum
Full time 9-5pm
Homebased with some occassioal travel to London for client and team meetings
Designated Medical provides experienced private Medical Secretarial support to private medical clinicians and private GP practices.
Due to rapid expansion and our growing client base we are looking for experienced and professional Medical Secretaries who have worked in the private sector, to join our team.
This role will include clinic diary management, theatre bookings, liaison with insurance companies and embassies, typing, invoicing and debt chasing, handling all patient enquiries as well as booking relevant imaging, diagnostic tests and organising onward referrals.
You must be meticulous when it comes to detail, have first class communication skills and have the ability to remain highly confidential about clients at all times.
This position will include a lot of typing, so you'll need to have a typing speed of over 60wpm and the ability to type with accuracy.
Experience in a private medical environment and good knowledge of DGL Practice Manager and/or Cliniko is a must.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to type and format documents accurately.
- To possess a pleasant telephone manner, and maintain a diplomatic and courteous approach in all forms of communication with patients and Client.
- To nurture and develop the professional relationship with the Client on behalf of Designated Medical.
- To take ownership of tasks assigned to you either directly by the Client or by Designated Medical and ensure that deadlines are either met, or contingencies created.
- To take responsibility for maintaining equipment as supplied by Designated Medical or the Client; we take ownership of all Client files and data (stored in the cloud).
- To attend quarterly team meetings in London.
• Experience in a Private Medical Secretary position.
• Excellent typing skills (at least 60 WPM).
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Technically astute and able to grasp new software/applications easily.
• Home office with reliable and fast home broadband connection.
• Passes in Maths and English GCSE/O-Level.
• Polite and clear telephone manner - excellent spoken English, a must.
• Reliable, resourceful and have complete integrity.
• Professional and committed.
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and electronic.
• Ability to use own initiative and to work alone in a remote environment.
• Business acumen.
• Flexible and ability to adapt.
• Attention to detail and sense of urgency.
• Working knowledge of cloud based software and systems.
• Experience of freelance work a plus but not essential.
• Full time position working from home.
• Working hours will be 9am to 5pm.
• When required, client meetings/working on client premises will be necessary by prior arrangement (travel costs are reimbursed)
If this sounds like you, then please do apply today!