Careers Service Advisor
URGENT ROLE IMMEDIATE START.
For a National Careers Service Advisor covering Coventry / Warwickshire.
This is a 12 month rolling contract with the likelihood of a permanent role in the future due to growth.
Only applicants with Careers Advice experience need apply.
Must hold, as a minimum a Diploma in Careers Information and Advice or NVQ 4 in Advice & Guidance.
26 Days Holiday.
The Careers Advisor would be expected to;
- Provide careers advice to adults via a range of methods including face to face, telephone, email and other digital means to help them to achieve work or learning goals.
- Support customers to develop career management skills through a range of activities
- Work with customers to support their progress into learning, work, or progression in work
- Work with a variety of organisations to generate customer referrals to meet targets
- Manage a customer caseload to meet personal and team targets including customer satisfaction, career management, progression and contracted KPIs
- Record all interactions with customers on the MI database in a timely manner to meet contract deadlines and evidence requirements
- Operate from a variety of locations including Jobcentre Plus, training & education providers, community providers and local career hubs
- Use and contribute to local, regional and national LMI to support customer progression in their career
- Meet all standards for quality of service, safeguarding, information and data security, and any other contract requirements
- Represent and promote Our Client in a professional and commercial manner, working effectively with other agencies
- Attend company meetings and training and liaise with staff at all levels
- Ensure adherence to the company's equalities and diversity policy and actively embed equality and diversity into careers advice
- Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post
- Experience in delivery of careers advice to adults, individually or in groups, employed and unemployed ( or similar environment for trainee roles)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High level of competency, effective operation and use of ICT including its wider application e.g. use of social media
- Skilled and competent in delivering careers advice in a range of settings and through a range of delivery modes
- Able to work as part of a Our Clients National Careers Service delivery team
- Well organised, capable of working under pressure, meeting deadlines and targets, manage caseloads and their own time
- Ability and flexibility to work in different outreach locations, able to promote the service and maintain relationships with partners
- Able to work flexible hours at evenings and weekends when required
- Able to work in a target driven environment, and ability to meet or exceed contract targets
- Commitment to delivering quality services
- An understanding of and commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
- Education to graduate level or equivalent
- Willing to undertake professional training to maintain standards
- Hold, as a minimum, Level 4 Careers Information and Advice or NVQ 4 in Advice & Guidance or equivalent
- Salary for Level 4 qualified - GBP22,000