6 days left
- Full Time
Are you a proactive Finance Officer looking to build on your existing experience? Do you want to help ensure the financial health of a forward-thinking charity? If so, our client wants to hear from you.
Our client is recruiting on behalf of a pioneering charity that is dedicated to ending domestic violence and abuse. They are now looking for a Finance Assistant to join their passionate team in Swansea.
- A salary of circa GBP22,000 DOE
- A collaborative, welcoming and supportive environment
- Free on-site parking
- 6% non-contributory pension
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
You'll join a thriving organisation that is committed to providing sanctuary, inspiring change and helping people to live free from domestic abuse.
In this rewarding role, you will have the chance to learn from an experienced Finance Manager and play a vital part in the day-to-day running of a progressive not-for-profit.
Focusing on innovation to drive their support services, every area of the organisation's charitable offering has been considered and structured to support those experiencing abuse. From a website with a 'hide me' function to meeting rooms away for prying eyes, their services are discrete, versatile and provide the support that abuse victims require.
As a Finance Assistant, you will support the Finance Manager with the day-to-day management of the charity's finances.
Specifically, you will:
- Administer, process and monitor all finance-related systems
- Maintain financial filing systems
- Offer advice to budget holders
- Record the charity's income and expenditure
- Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of financial reports, including the monthly trial balance
- Record and bank all cheques and cash received
- Monitor cash flow
To join this forward-thinking team, you will need:
- To be AAT qualified, ideally ACCA or CIMA part-qualified
- Experience of using Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll
- Previous experience of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Bookkeeping experience, preferably three years'
Ideally, you'll have experience of charity accounting, but this is by no means essential. Knowledge of benefits systems would also be an advantage, as would the ability to speak Welsh, in addition to English. Experience of working in the voluntary sector would also be a benefit.
Other companies may call this role Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Finance Administrator or Finance Clerk.
Our client is eager to hear from candidates who've held the title of Bookkeeper, Bookkeeping Assistant, Accounts Administrator or Accounts Technician.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applications for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are an enthusiastic Finance Assistant seeking your next step, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.