4 days left
- Full Time
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a well established business in Stoke on Trent to recruit for a Payroll Supervisor paying between GBP24,000 - GBP30,000 depending upon experience. This is a standalone role providing excellent exposure in an autonomous role and would be perfect for an experienced and highly driven Payroll candidate looking for their next challenge.
You will be responsible for supporting with payroll administration, creating structure and improvements in payroll processes, accuracy, data collation as well as supporting key strategic projects including leveraging technology to automate processes.
* Responsible for ensuring full and accurate payroll data collation and submissions to third party payroll;
* Manages all payroll related queries via the third party outsourced providers (payroll and pension);
* Creates and agrees a suitable flow chart for payroll process in line with automation;
* Identifies weaknesses in the audit process and implements improvements,
* Supports manager self-service rollout, automation of expenses and year-end tax reporting and submissions to the Revenue;
* Establishes and maintains an improved and clear payroll data gathering process with HR colleagues and manages this;
* Able to ensure cover and training in place so role can be supported and covered by other members of the team.
* Working in a payroll related role with minimal supervision for a minimum of 2-3 years;
* Experience of manager self-service, automation of various pay related processes;
* Experience of all year-end related activities including tax year end submissions;
* Ideally some basic project management experience.
* Superior attention to detail, methodical, systematic and conscientious - ensuring full process is well managed and coordinated and documentation clearly retained on file etc.;
* Excellent payroll knowledge and experience of working with various HR/Payroll systems such as Resourcelink;
* Computer literate with strong excel skills;
* Ability to build rapport quickly with managers, HR & Finance teams;
* Ability to work proactively and be action oriented within a fast paced, changing environment;
* Able to liaise effectively with Finance colleagues in terms of tax, cost centre and year end requirements and reporting;
* Able to work in a demanding, fast paced and evolving environment/start-up business with limited supervision;
* Able to deal with highly manual, transactional set-up.
* Payroll specialist ideally with a payroll related qualification e.g. Certificate in Payroll Practice, or demonstrable experience;
* GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C or above in Maths and English;
* AAT Level 2 desirable.
If you would like to apply for this excellent Payroll Supervisor position please send your CV across immediately to avoid missing out.