Graduate Gas Network Analyst - System Capability
System Capability - Gas Network Analyst
National Grid via Pontoon's Next Generation
Salary GBP25k plus 5% bonus & benefits
Initial 6-month contract to be extended to perm
Who we are
At National Grid, we don't just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
Using our specialist simulation software, to model the use of the Gas National Transmission system; analysing and optimising the network to ensure that we continue to transport energy to our customers safely, efficiently and reliably whilst meeting business objectives. To deliver analysis providing robust justification for investment of all types on the gas transmission network
* Analyse gas flows and pressures on the network across a range of scenarios to ensure that design options meet relevant statutory, industry and regulatory requirements whilst optimising costs and value created.
* Undertake the safe and efficient high-level design and scoping of NTS physical extensions and modifications to meet all stakeholder requirements.
* Support the development of complex design studies, to understand the impact of potential future pathways.
* Develop analytical skills in order to increase ability to work independently.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
* Good numerical ability and demonstrable logical thinking
* Proven problem-solving ability
* Effective communication skills including the ability to make persuasive presentations to small audiences
* Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office software packages
* Technical knowledge relating to high pressure gas transmission assets with knowledge, experience and understanding of National Grid's business an advantage
* Preferable graduate level in a STEM subject - Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths
* However, will consider a minimum of HNC level education preferred in engineering, scientific, numerical or commercial field preferred as well as relevant experience, aptitude and/or training/qualifications will be considered
* System Capability, in particular, System Design and System Strategy - these teams will primarily be the immediate customer for Network Analysis
* The wider Network Engineering team - to provide expert Network Analysis support as required across all of our Asset Management activities
* Network Capability & Operability - Gas (NCOG) - for understanding established customer requirements for physical investment in the NTS;
* to ensure that system operator requirements are factored into system designs
* Other GTO departments - in particular the RIIO-T2 team, for T2 business planning, and Investment Management for scheme development
* RIIO Delivery Team - Good understanding of regulatory frameworks and key legislative drivers.
Core Business/Foundation Skills
* Stakeholder Engagement
* Project Management