Part Time sales ledger clerk
Sales ledger/accounts receivable part-time
To Issue accurate invoices to the Institute's students, sponsors and other customers using Agresso, the Institutes's Finance system. 2. To process the weekly Coin Banking for the Institute & reconcile the account codes on Agresso each month 3. Processing all Bank receipts for the Institute 4. To maintain an accurate record of the student register and monitor allocations made from the various Student Support funds the Institute has access t. 5. To reconcile student and commercial customer accounts and control and collect all revenues falling due to the University within agreed targets and timescales from students and commercial customers
- Preferably studying towards an AAT level qualification or equivalent.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of working in a financial accounting or financial control department
- Knowledge and experience of working in a student services role within the higher education sector.
- Proven experience of working effectively within a team combined with the ability to communicate professionally.
- Knowledge and understanding of double entry accounting and journals.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to highlight and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrable ability to work with a high degree of accuracy even when working under pressure.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team, together with the ability to work to tight deadlines in a changing environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible in approach to the job.