Communications Assistant - Flight Operations - Surrey
This client is the new generation of digital, user-friendly Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management solutions. They are a leading global provider of flight operations solutions serving more than 400 airlines and aviation service companies across all platforms. They provides its customers with the best solutions based on the best data, fully supporting them in their digital transformation.
This is a 3 month paid internship. Salary: GBP20k - GBP22k pro rata.
How you can expect to spend your day?
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day programmatic and administrative tasks for the Communications Department and will be expected to help to organize tradeshows and events, contribute to online communications as well as produce drafts of high-quality communications materials.
Tasks you can expect to undertake will include:
- Assist in planning, organizing and of high quality tradeshows and events including hotel, restaurant research and booking, budget tracking, maintaining registration documents, working in ConstantContact to create and distribute event invitations, preparing name badges, shipping of materials etc.
- Coordinate with Commercial and Product teams to collect press release content and details
- Prepare press release drafts
- Research, maintain and update media lists and stakeholder contacts
- Update communications budget tracking tools
- Propose social media content (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) and other digital communication materials
- Update company website with press releases and event participation (Concrete5)
- Track clips and interviews to help gauge success of press events and initiatives
- Provide general support and coordination for Communications Department, including managing the department calendar, general scheduling for meetings, etc.
The ideal intern's personality and qualifications:
- A degree/background in Business, Marketing or Communications is preferred
- Fluent in English, and possesses excellent professional business communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in event management and coordination
- Strong understanding of the role of branding across the communications discipline
- Experience in technology sales environments is preferred but not essential
- Versatile team player with the ability to show grace under pressure
- Must be able to work effectively both within a strong team environment as well as independently with little supervision, and handle multiple projects concurrently within both environments
- You are an organized and dependable self-starter who can juggle a number of tasks and projects
- Detail-oriented individual who can learn new concepts and apply them quickly
- Effective interpersonal skills; adaptable to all levels of the organization
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively adapt to change
- Experience in the aviation industry is advantageous but not essential