Senior Risk & Control Assurance Analyst - Cheshire
A leading banking organisation is currently looking to hire a Senior Risk & Control Analyst to join its operations in Cheshire. The purpose of the role will be to lead and co-ordinate the first line of defence control agenda covering all operational risks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with senior stakeholders to build a sustainable assurance strategy within the control environment that satisfies the enterprise risk management framework
- Conduct assurance and oversight of Significant Issues (identification, tracking and progress, escalation where required, report on Significant Issue closure).
- Facilitate impact assessment of changes to remediation plans on the committed return to Satisfactory dates for standards against all Risk Categories and Themes.
- Conduct quality assurance assessments and conformance reviews of adherence to defined assurance processes for issues closure.
- Identify and escalate thematic and emerging critical issues through regular analysis of the Risk & Control data.
- Perform adhoc targeted assurance / testing on critical processes or areas, either on request or proactively.
- Respond to adhoc Risk & Control requests across the three lines of defence.
The successful candidate will have:
- A background working in a Risk & Control/Assurance environment within the financial services industry.
- Ability to influence and build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders at senior levels.
- Proven track record dealing with financial services regulations, addressing regulatory actions
- A strong understanding of second and third line functions and impact across people, process and technology.
- Ability to work collaboratively whilst managing competing objectives across various stakeholders groups, displaying strong communication and influencing skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading brand in the market with excellent long term career prospects. Please reply with an updated copy of your CV as applications for this vacancy will close shortly.