My client, an award winning Pensions Consultancy with offices throughout the UK, are currently in the market for an experienced Actuary to join the team on a permanent basis. As a business, this organisation provides Actuarial, Admin and Consultancy services to a wide variety of clients. This particular role will be based out of their London office.
Reporting directly to the Partner, this role involves working closely with all team members including the Partners. Responsibilities will typically fall under the Trustee Consulting Practice area, but can also be in the Corporate and Investment Consulting areas. Further responsibilities will include:
* Client management for small and large clients, taking responsibility for allocation and completion of work, and meeting deadlines.
* Understanding the client and the client's aims and objectives.
* Checking complex member benefits calculations.
* Checking actuarial valuation calculations, and undertaking analysis of surplus.
* Proposing valuation assumptions and discussing with Scheme Actuary and/or client.
* Reviewing draft actuarial reports.
* Peer reviewing significant pieces of non-scheme actuary advice in accordance with professional requirements.
* General consultancy, dealing with clients telephone queries and day to day correspondence providing technical advice where needed.
* Developing and Applying Technical Expertise - Coaches team members and shares knowledge of technical solutions with others. Seeks exposure to complex work.
* Business Development & Client Management - Starts to lead client meetings demonstrating credible style and influencing their expectations.
* Commercial Awareness and Delivering business results - Handles increasingly complex and broad work. Recognises opportunities to make efficiencies and discusses these with manager. Produces work on time and within budgets.
* Teamwork, Leadership and Development - Provides support and assistance for team members and ensures team members meet quality standards by adhering to policies and procedures. Delegates tasks effectively.
Experience & Qualifications
* Be a qualified Actuary and comply with CPD regime.
* Be a team player
* IT skills to perform all aspects of work efficiently
* Developing presentation skills to a larger audience, and able to host meeting
* High professionalism skills
In return for your hard work and dedication to the role, you will also be rewarded with a generous salary of up to GBP55000 plus an excellent benefits package that Includes DIS, Holiday entitlement, Cycle to work, Private Medical and an excellent flex package.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.