Portfolio Tooling Consultant
Process and Tools Consultant
Location: Swindon Head Office
Market anchor: GBP38,844 (GBP34,960 - GBP50,497), depending on work experience and skills
This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of strategies that will help Practices and Operations improve the effectiveness of our Portfolio Tooling used across Transformation and Enterprise Development. You will be part of the Portfolio Tooling team and involved in the continuous improvement, quality & agility of project delivery through the appropriate use of Agile and Waterfall methodologies and supporting tooling.
Who we're looking for
You must be an inquisitive, analytical and driven individual who has experience of working in project & programme delivery using standard project methodologies and enterprise tools. You must be able to define, manage and drive the adoption of improvements in, Project/Programme Management tooling, processes, procedures, tools and standards to ensure that they are fit for purpose to meet delivery of the transformation agenda and adhere to best practice whilst not compromising our risk appetite.
Additionally we are looking for -
- Good Analysis skills
- Well-developed stakeholder management and strong interpersonal skills
- A team player who understands the importance of working together as a team, with the confidence to work independently when required
- Good planning, organising, communication, prioritisation and problem solving skills
- Experience of Microsoft Enterprise Project Management toolset (including Microsoft Project) and SharePoint
- Knowledge of project methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc.)
Beneficial but not essential skills -
- Good understanding of the Nationwide Change Framework
- Knowledge of Adobe Captivate or other training support tools
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems or other intranet publishing
- Familiarity with SQL, HTML, Databases, Cloud based security protocols
- Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Portfolio Tooling Lead, you will be responsible for supporting and implementing the P&O strategy to meet organisation objectives for more efficient and effective ways of working. You will use your problem solving and stakeholder management skills to help identify, define and develop better ways of working along with the associated benefits to the organisation.
As a subject matter expert, the business will come to you for expertise and support in the use of the tools, standards, frameworks and methods. Therefore, it is vitally important that you build and maintain strong working relationships with users and senior managers across Transformation and Enterprise Development.
Training and communication is an integral part of this role. You will regularly communicate about and educate on the usage of the standards, frameworks, methods and tools to users, ensuring any training material is updated periodically to reflect changes to tooling or software upgrades and monitor the effectiveness of all training provided.
As a small team support, to your colleagues is hugely important and the selected candidate will need to show willingness to manage their workload as well as support other members of the team when necessary. In return you will be joining an energetic team that has a wide reach and visibility across all our key transformational stakeholder communities. With this comes many opportunities to influence upwards and shape your own development.