Senior Visitor Experience Officer
As one of the National Trust's Cotswold Portfolio properties we have big plans to take our conservation, presentation and visitor engagement to a whole new level. We need someone fantastic to be part of our highly motivated team and help us deliver this. It is an exciting time at Chedworth; we have already started planning the next few years of projects to deliver an emotive experience, teamed with fantastic service, and you'll be a vital part of this.
We want to look after this special place, forever, for everyone and you'll work within a management team to help achieve this ambition. You will have fantastic opportunities to help shape the site interpretation plan through delivery of our Spirit of Place. You'll share this vision to engage and inspire our visitors, helping them to really understand the work we do.
So if you want to lead our visitor experiences and become part of a team who will share their exceptional skill and creativity every day, for every visitor: come join us.
What it's like to work here
Chedworth Roman Villa was home to some of the richest people in the country during its heyday in the 4th century. It's one of the largest Roman villas in England with well-preserved mosaics, two bath houses, hypocausts, a water shrine and even the remains of underfloor heating.
What you'll be doing
You'll work with the Operations Manager to ensure every aspect of the visitor experience is shaped by our collection and delivers an exceptional experience to everyone every time. That involves delivering the program of events, with something new each season for our regular visitors and locals, as well as ongoing events to inspire our occasional visitors.
With our impressive collections, inspiring landscapes and centuries of history, there's everything here to fire your imagination, to create events and deliver outstanding interpretation. You'll work with the site team to understand our spirit of place, ensuring high standards of presentation and service as part of the visitor experience team.
Who we're looking for
This job is all about providing a service. To be fantastic in this role, you'll need to;
- Experience of delivering inspirational engagement activities
- Have good people skills, enabling good working relationships with those in your team and across the property
- Understanding of how to interpret significant collections to varied audiences.
- Excellent organisational skills, and the ability to time manage projects successfully
- Have good interpersonal skills, able to deal with visitors in a variety of situations
- Have a flexible customer focused approach with experience in delivering high standards of customer service
- Experience of working with and supervising volunteers
- Empathy with aims of the National Trust, with genuine interest and knowledge of the work of the Trust
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as GBP2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking