Volunteering, Participation and Inclusion Director
At the National Trust, we have worked to protect places of Historic Interest and Natural Beauty since 1895. We have over 60,000 volunteers who share our belief in the importance of conservation and heritage - they generously give over 4 million hours of their time to our cause each year. Behind this operation is the invaluable support of our regional & central Volunteering & Participation teams. Together we're working hard to deliver our vision of creating a movement where every individual and every community has the opportunity to make a difference for places and nature.
What you'll be doing
As the Director of Volunteering, Participation and Inclusion your understanding and breadth of experience of participation, volunteering and inclusion will see you develop a strategic approach to support the team in the best possible way. We're currently mid-way through our ten year strategy and have invested heavily in ensuring our systems & processes are fit for purpose. We're focussing on upskilling our volunteer managers to optimise volunteer involvement and we're continuing our work on delivering a flexible and dynamic offer that attracts a broad range of volunteers.
There's still plenty to do though, some of this work is only just getting started and we need a driven and inspirational Director to lead the function through the next phase.
Who we're looking for
Already well established in the world of volunteering, participation and inclusion, you'll come to us with a strong external network and you'll also need to demonstrate the following:
- Proven track record of managing and delivering in multi-disciplinary environments/teams
- Excellent understanding of insight and analytics and the role these play in developing volunteering, participation and inclusion
- Experience of marketing in an increasingly data-led world - using supporter data to drive engagement and retention
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentational skills including external advocacy, media relations, networking and persuading across executive, professional and lay audiences
- Experience of leading and developing senior teams and excellent people management skills