Secondary NQT teacher
Are you an experienced Education Professional looking for either short or long-term work; part or full time; alternatively, a permanent role?
If you would like to be treated as a person as appose to a statistic and prefer an honest and direct approach, please contact People.
I'm currently recruiting in preparation for October half-term and for schools I exclusively work with across South West; Exeter/Torbay/ Plymouth/ North Devon/ Taunton. If you would like me to speak to particular schools about your availability or would like assistance sourcing work within your particular subject(s), please feel free to get in touch for an informal discussion.
What will I have to do?
Our secondary schools across Devon require teachers at various times in the academic year and for varying levels of time; both part and full time.
Due to the nature of the work, it is important you can engage students, have a sense of humour as well as a strong classroom presence, with excellent classroom and strong behaviour management skills.
Due to the short notice some schools provide, you must be adaptable and flexible to their needs and requirements.
What qualifications or experience do I need?
• A sense of humour
• BA (Hons), NQT, QTS or QTLS
• At least 3 months teaching experience within a UK secondary school
What does Class People provide me with?
• a dedicated Consultant who will advise and support you through each process
• a range of day to day, short and long term as well as permanent roles
• flexible part or full-time work to fit around your existing study, lifestyle and existing commitments
• excellent and competitive daily (GBP90 - GBP150)
• free training relevant to the role and portable across all areas
• refer a colleague or friend bonus
• regular employment opportunities.
If this or a similar role interests you, please get in touch for more information and to arrange a simple and pain free registration process.
Additional Information on Secondary Teaching
The role of a Secondary Teacher is far-reaching. Teaching 11 - 16 year old students, this is a rewarding role that shapes futures.
The Role of a Secondary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from Class People?
- A dedicated Consultant
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact People for more information on this job vacancy on