PA - Conduct Risk
Apply now Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- We take pride in being there for our customers, any way we can. We're always available to help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. Joining us, we want you to be proud of the work you do, how you develop and the contribution you make to society. Working with us, we help your talent thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work autonomously and flexibly.
- Department Info
- From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms - our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
- To provide an efficient, effective and proactive secretarial and administration service to the Group Conduct Risk Director and immediate reports and ad hoc support to team members ensuring the continued promotion and observance of L&G's Every Day Matters is delivered through correspondences, telephone and personal contact.
- Deal promptly with all paper, e-mail and telephone enquiries for the Group Conduct Risk Director and DRs, assessing the nature and importance of issues, taking action as necessary, including prioritising ad hoc papers and, if relevant, re-directing enquiries so they are dealt with promptly
- Proactively plan and manage the electronic diaries and organise appointments, external and internal meetings, travel and accommodation for the Group Conduct Risk Director and DRs. Preparing required papers in advance of meetings ensuring the Group Conduct Risk Director and DRs are aware of their own action points from previous meetings so that any outstanding actions can be quickly addressed. Preparing slides and papers, ensuring that appointment changes are communicated effectively and meeting papers provided on a timely basis
- Provide prompt, professional and courteous support to any enquiry from any internal or external customer including Board members and external Executive Directors. Assess the nature, confidentiality and urgency of issue, taking action where necessary.
- Produce correspondence, agendas, minutes etc, and Powerpoint presentations as necessary and Excel spreadsheets to a high standard in order to facilitate communication
- Initiate payment of invoices/expenses using GFAS and dealing with queries which subsequently arise. Maintain other Group systems for the Group Conduct Risk Director and DRs as required
- Where appropriately delegated record staff holidays, sickness in My View and manage expenses.
- Working on own initiative to provide office management services to Group Conduct Risk including new joiners, desk and move management, organisation charts, distribution lists, stationary ordering, managing internal events (team briefings, off-sites etc.) and external events including relationship events with third parties.
- Skills Required
- Office Systems
- Competent in the use of Excel, advanced in the use of Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Internet/Intranet and able to acquire knowledge of newer versions as they are launched.
- Understands the roles and responsibilities of the head of department and team.
- Understands organisation structures.
- Understands the key responsibilities and interaction of each of the business areas in Group.
- Awareness of the requirements for complaint handling, data protection, money laundering and health and safety.
- Understands the requirements for the production of various types of documentation by the Group Conduct Risk Director and DRs proper performance of their role.
- Understands the importance of complete diary management including preparation and issuing of documentation for arranged meetings.
- Able to set up, maintain and use filing systems (paper and electronic) including use of public folders.
- Competent with all aspect of travel and meeting room administration.
- Competent in accurately completing and submitting expense claims and invoices for payment.
- Familiar with the performance management requirements and process for L&G.
Planning and organising
- Able to prioritise own tasks.
- Able to carry out electronic diary management efficiently, ensuring that urgent emails and correspondences are initially acknowledged and escalated where appropriate during the Group Conduct Risk Director's absence.
- Able to adhere to deadlines.
- Able to pay attention to detail.
- Adaptable to change and able to be flexible in approach to work.
- Produces good written communication.
- Produces reports and presentations in a well-structured way.
- Able to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to accept and give clear instructions.
- Good verbal communication.
- Able to apply discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Contributes ideas for improvements that may benefit all in workflow/output delivery..
- Puts the team objectives above personal objectives.
- Consistently focuses effort on objectives and outputs to be achieved and adopts a sense of urgency at work.
- Seeks to improve performance as necessary.
- Remains resilient and reliable under pressure.
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Our view is that this role is suitable for agile working. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. For this role, you would be based in London, but you could work in other Legal & General offices or at home, as necessary, provided this meets business needs. Details of agile working will be discussed during the interview process.
For further information about the role, please contact Lynn Morriss, UK Resourcing Lead, at