Hire Desk Manager
Hire Desk Manager
GBP25,000 - GBP32,000
Key Responsibilities of a Hire Desk Manager
- Ensure effective communication is maintained and managed within job holders depot.
- Continually promote and manage a customer service culture within the depot.
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with the products and services that the company offers
- Ensure that input is accurate and checked to minimise any re-work or credits.
- To be fully aware of the Statutory Transport Legislation.
- Manage and monitor the transport activities within the depot to ensure the most efficient and cost effective use of company vehicles and/or external hauliers.
- To assist the Depot Manager to manage and monitor stock levels within the job holders depot and implement initiatives to ensure accurate recording of stock levels.
- Working in partnerships with the sales teams to ensure first class customer service, revenue and profitability are delivered.
- Manage, coach and mentor the team within the depot
- Continually review Hire Desk operational effectiveness to identify and promote initiatives that will drive the business forward.
As a Hire Desk Manager you will be:-
- Managing invoice query levels to ensure timely resolution and where necessary resolution
- Deputise for the Depot Manager
- Ensure the company's HR policies with regard to discipline, grievance, absence etc are adhered to
- Ensure direct reports receive appropriate training in conjunction with relevant training needs and legislation.
- Adhere to Health, Safety & Environmental compliance within job holders depot so that policy and procedure are followed. Ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental responsibility is highly prioritised and this is evident within the culture of the company.
- Appraisals conducted annually, mini appraisal conducted every 6 months for all direct reports
- Participation of Stock Takes within the time frame set
- Achievement of Operational and Commercial efficiency KPI's - as set by the company
- Effective implementation of remedial actions aimed at improving Customer service, addressing and reducing NCR's.
- Ensure all administration and reporting standards are met