Scientific Sales Specialist
Looking for a driven graduate or PhD within a neuroscience, physiology, cardiovascular or sport science discipline who is eager to use their knowledge in a commercial sales role. Previous sales or customer service experience would be an advantage but not essential. This is a technical field sales position covering the North UK region.
The main function of the role will be to increase sales of the company's products into the life science education and research market within the defined sales territory.
Key responsibilities as well as this will be:
- Acquire and maintain a high understanding of the company's product range.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers.
- Through effective prospecting, expand customer base within defined territory
- Advise and sell to customers the correct solution to meet their application requirements.
- Maintain territorial market and competitor awareness, developing and presenting ideas for new opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other members of the team
- Attend trade exhibitions at scientific conferences.
- A graduate or PhD in either a physiology, neuroscience, cardiovascular or sport science related subject.
- Experience selling into Universities is highly desirable.
- Understanding of University undergraduate teaching processes is highly desirable.
- The ability to develop a good understanding of the company's product range and practical application areas.
- The drive and commitment to achieve personal and company goals.
- Ability to work well as part of a group as well as independently in the field.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills such as time management and prioritizing.
- A flexible approach and the ability to influence others.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- An eye for detail and the ability to maintain a very high level of accuracy.
- Familiarity with the Windows and Macintosh operating systems is desirable.