Staff Nurse Orthopaedics
We provide an extensive orthopaedic service. Our specialist multi-disciplinary orthopaedic team incorporates highly experienced consultants, many of who are leaders in their fields, together with advanced diagnostic equipment such as X-ray, MRI, ultrasound and CT scans, all run by expert technicians. The department is also supported by our physiotherapists both pre- and post-operatively.
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers its employees an environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity, helping our people to realise their potential.
If you would like further information about this position, please be in touch with Louise on .Skills and Experience required
- Level 1 Registered Nurse with a valid NMC PIN Number
- Experience within an Orthopaedic or surgical ward setting is essential
- Caring and compassionate professional
- Team player
- Desire to develop professionally taking advantage of extensive opporutnities within the hospital
Duties and responsibilities
- Delivery and management of direct nursing care.
- Enhancing the quality of care by assisting with the management of change in nursing practice based on evidence/research.
- Plan and organise own workload in order to meet patient need.
- Understand the principles of delivering prescribed treatment safely to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Within a system of case management, co-ordinate and monitor the progress of patient care and report any variance appropriately.
- Practice multidisciplinary team care and contribute actively towards its successful management.
ShiftsWe are looking for you to work 37.5 hours per week and take part in our internal rotation of long days, nights and weekends. We will offer an additional GBP1100 per annum allowance to cover working nights and weekends.
About Bupa and The Cromwell Hospital
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand, Thailand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.