Risk and Control Associate (Initial Margins Models team) - Leading IB
I am looking for a Risk and Control analysis for a large American Investment Bank, to focus on the development and monitoring of all global markets analytics used across Risk and Capital.
- Monitoring and analysing processes to assess model usage, model accuracy and the overall performance of the exposure platform. Covering VaR, Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) and UMR-Initial Margin model performance.
- Additional responsibilities of explaining CCR exposure movement, quantifying issues impacting these exposures and working with the Credit Risk and Wholesale Credit Risk Officers to agree an action plan where this exposure change has breached risk appetite limits.
- Daily investigation of Initial Margins Management model back-testing exceptions
- Liaison with the Middle Office teams to ensure inputs are accurate and well understood
- Investigation tasks including portfolio / product / P&L analysis
- Work closely with the monthly historical Initial margins back-testing team to understand the key drivers of both the actual and modelled metrics
- Working with the initial margins model development team to understand our initial margins model implementation and assess the impact of model limitations on our back testing results
- Documentation of clear and concise overage explains
- Assist in the production and presentation of reporting packages and analysis for senior management, governing committees and regulatory bodies
- 2+ years of work experience in a related field (CCR, Middle Office Risk, Front Office Market Risk, etc).
- Strong understanding of traded products business - fixed income and equities
- Working knowledge of P&L explain and attribution process
- Experienced in data analysis
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail