Childrens Social Worker
Social Worker - Children
Your new company
When you practice in Milton Keynes, you join a local authority with an innovative approach to social work and strong support ethos. Hays are excited to work in partnership with this fantastic council and are recruiting for a Qualified Social Worker.
Your new role
Using professional knowledge and experience, to carry out the duties of a professional Social Worker within Specialist Services, assessing the needs of children, young people and their families, analysing information and with the needs of the child as central, developing and implementing care plan and effective intervention that will ensure the child's safety, wellbeing and development into adulthood, in line with policy and legislation and professional codes of practice. You will have extensive experience in Child Protection and Child in Need.
To achieve this you will:
- Ensure assessments are carried out effectively, speaking to/observing the child, and within timescales so that his/her care needs are clearly identified and recorded
- Devise and implement clear child care plans and interventions appropriate for each case to address identified needs.
- Manage a complex Child Care workload with professional supervision from the Team Manager/Deputy Team Manager.
- Accurate individual case records are maintained electronically and reports are provided as required.
- Attend regular supervisory meetings with team manager and/or a senior member regularly to monitor progress and identify development needs.
- Works closely with other agencies and services in a co-operative way, sharing information and planning care together to meet the needs of the child holistically.
What you'll need to succeed
This is a crucial responsive role demanding a good level of critical thinking and creativity, and the need to work at a fast pace. Directly responsible for supporting children, taking timely action to protect children and working with other services to ensure their needs are met.
- Social work qualification (DipSW, CQSW, Degree in social work or equivalent)
- Registered as a Social Worker
- Knowledge of main issues in relation to own client group
- Awareness of the legislative framework within which the role operates
- Proven ability to relate professionally with children and families evidenced through previous work as a Social Worker
- Extensive Child Protection experience
- Extensive Child in Need experience
- Able to undertake a range of complex childcare assessments and formulate care plans
- Ability to understand, assess and manage significant risk
- Ability to analyse, summarise and write/ record relevant information to a high level
- Able to communicate sensitively with children and families and with other colleagues, and effectively in writing
- Ability to use IT systems effectively to record
- Able to manage own work load effectively and to support others
- Flexible and willing to support other staff when need arises
- Ability to work as part of a team with children and families including working co-operatively with other professionals and agencies to meet the needs of the child
- Extensive skills and knowledge in listening to children and adults, in observation and in carrying out assessments of strengths and weaknesses within families
- Able to collect, analyse and make judgements about complex information
- Able to develop, implement and monitor robust care plans
- Able to be child and family centred and treat all with respect and with empathy
- Ability to question, challenge, solve problems and complete tasks
- Ability to maintain up to date records
- Ability to share any perceived difficulties with Supervisor openly
- Takes responsibility for quality and completion of own work within standards
What you'll get in return
You will get the chance to experience a rewarding, interesting environment alongside an attractive hourly rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.