Collections Manager - Contact Centre
Debt Collections Manager - Contact Centre
Location: Bromley (North Kent)
Salary: GBP45,000 - Plus Excellent Bonus & Benefits Package
My client is seeking an experienced Collections Manager to join their fast-growing Collections Team, based in their Collections Contact Centre function. You will need previous experience within a Debt Recovery operation - ideally from a Debt Collection Agency or Financial Services or similar at a senior level, managing a large team.
Key Skills & responsibilities:
- Continually analyse effectiveness of existing collections strategies, and identify new and improved strategies and opportunities, management of other/3rd Party Debt Collections Agencies.
- Management of a Recoveries & Collections Team and their performance.
- Developing products and forbearance solutions to maximise the value from purchased debt
- Work with the Late Stage Collections Manager and peers to design and monitor reports to help measure the effectiveness of these strategies and products, and communicate results to senior management.
- Define and deploy improved collections processes and tools to maximise collections performance
- Continually analyse and review department processes and procedures to achieve maximum Operational efficiency
- Lead efforts and collaborate with all relevant stakeholders (Risk, Finance, Marketing) to develop and implement collections changes to improve collections effectiveness
- Define key performance metrics that measure and drive operational effectiveness
- Integrate, enforce and reinforce key performance metrics at both Agent and Team Leader level.
- Apply statistical techniques to optimize, create, and maintain operational department performance.
- Work closely with analytical areas to ensure accurate pricing and propensity to contact/pay models are in place to protect investments
- Cultivate an environment that encourages maximum effectiveness, personal growth and development, open communications and teamwork, providing leadership to team members to maximise energy, commitment and engagement
- Design a training a development plan for all members within the department to ensure development opportunities are offered fairly
- Lead, coach, motivate and develop a team of Debt Purchase Agents who are responsible for contacting customers
- Define and implement a debt purchase culture throughout the department
- Essential: You have experience within a Team Manager / Operations Manager position within an operational function.
- Desirable: Experience working or managing in a Trace function, Debt Collection Agency or Debt Purchase company. Use of SQL/SAS would be beneficial and good MS Word & Excel skills.
Excellent Salary & Package on Offer, with Great Career Progression.