Anthony Cole Associates are proud to be asked to once again partner with a leading international organisation. They are currently looking for a Tax Accountant on either a full time or 4 day a week basis, who will be a key member of the Group finance team reporting to and working closely with the Group reporting manager to deliver excellence in Group wide tax reporting and planning. The role is a highly technical position which will play a critical role in tax reporting, compliance, planning and assurance.
Key responsibilities of the Tax Accountant include:
- Preparation of the group corporate tax computations and returns.
- Respond to queries from the business and from HMRC.
- Oversee VAT processes and ensure returns prepared by local finance teams are timely and accurate
- Monitor transactional VAT compliance and effect change where required.
- Support SAO reporting and implement identified improvements
- Assist with research and implementation of tax planning projects such as property tax issues, due diligence on transactions, capital allowances.
- Assist with the preparation of tax entries for half year and full year Group consolidated accounts and UK statutory accounts
- Assist with the review of procedures and controls across all relevant UK taxes
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the Groups transfer pricing policies Provide support to the business to advise on tax issues affecting new contracts and trading opportunities and suggest potential solutions or alternatives
- Support with HMRC relationship.
You will be responsible for providing high-quality tax reporting for the interim and annual audits that feed the Group's disclosures as well as preparation of Group level submissions to appropriate tax authorities.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of financial accounting and ideally have exposure to multinational consolidations. You will ideally be a Practice trained Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or CIOT) and have a strong understanding of UK tax legislation, IAS 12 and deferred tax along with a good understanding of IFRS, FRS 101 and old UK GAAP. In person, you will be flexible and have the ability to work effectively across borders and culture. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading company in an exciting role as a Tax Accountant, please apply for more details.