Finance Analyst (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
- Full Time
Apply now Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, 'social responsibility' is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you'll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
- From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms - our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
As a Finance Analyst within our Accounting Operations division, you will provide analytical support and management information to business partners. You will also review and approve daily and monthly accounting transactions and take responsibility for the production of financial reconciliations and assist with the preparation of financial ledgers and trial balances.
If you have excellent office skills and enjoy working as part of a team, then we would be interested to hear from you.
- Job Duties
- Working as part of a project team developing divisional IFRS reporting from our existing ledger process, and investigating the accounting entries associated with the business transacations.
- Contribute to the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly financial / management accounts, related revenue, balance sheet, tax or other regulatory returns, in accordance with Accounting Operations timetable.
- Assist and deliver analytical support and management information, as well as assist with any ad hoc requests.
- Review and approve journals for posting to the accounting system as part of statutory financial or regulatory reporting, in accordance with Accounting Operations timetable.
- Responsible for financial reconciliations, including the investigation and clearance of outstanding items, as per deadlines mandated in the Accounting Operations timetable, ensuring the reasons for reconciling items are clearly and concisely explained.
- Adhere to robust financial controls in compliance with Group Standards, statutory and regulatory requirements and the risk and control framework. Maintain procedure notes, ensuring they are up to date and fit for purpose. Assist internal or external auditors as and when required.
- Identify and resolve issues and errors found in Accounting Operations processes, as well as identifying opportunities for process improvement, adding and maintaining them on the continuous improvement log and progressing them through to execution.
- Provide cross training within the team.
- Skills Required
- Either, part or newly qualified accountant, with good, relevant experience within a Finance environment.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working on a core accounting system and performing ledger postings and reconciliations.
- Experience of using, extracting and reporting data from accounting and other office based administration systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the business and prepared to actively participate in meetings. The ability to listen to others and challenge to ensure understanding of their viewpoint.
- Attention to detail and able to work accurately to tight deadlines. Performs inbuilt reconciliations and can identify errors in outputs.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team, while planning and prioritising tasks.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Proactively seeks solutions to problems and escalates concerns and challenges existing processes and suggest improvements.
- Clarifies objectives, aims and timescales to deliver the required outcome. Can prioritise workloads effectively and obtain relevant information to assist in decision-making.
- Builds and develops strong relationships with peers and within the Accounting Ops leadership team, as well as acting as a valued business partner to other parts of the business.
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.